6.10.2011

The Black Book of Colors by Menena Cottin and Rosana Farria, trans. by Elisa Amado

So this isn't usually a genre I cover, but this book is stunning. I had to.

It's a picture book unlike any I've come across, and here's why:

At first, it's just a black book with fairly abstract descriptions of color...


But then the glare hits, or you run your fingers across the page and there the words are: in braille.






And the image descriptions, in glossy relief on the paper - even I was moved by them. 



The last page is the braille alphabet. 

That literature like this exists for young readers makes me smile. 

I could go on and on about how great it is, but really - you should just experience it for yourself. 

Even Baz is rapt when we read this one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails